Pastor’s Administrative Assistant
The Pastor’s personal assistant is not the church secretary. He/she will work directly with and for the pastor.
The position is designed for an average of 10 hours per week at $15.00/hr.
- Must be a disciple of Jesus and strive to maintain personal and professional integrity.
- Must be able to work with personal information and keep it in confidence.
- Recognize that you will be representing Lettered Streets Covenant Church in all aspects of life and thus live in a way that seeks to exemplify our vision and values.
- Must be a self-starter
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to create simple media pieces such as brochures and flyers, etc.
- Basic knowledge of WordPress based websites
- Proficient working with Google Docs
- Proficiency using Macintosh computers
- Ability to take initiative and complete tasks on time and with quality
- Must have transportation within Bellingham
- Must be able to drink lots of coffee or other coffee house beverages with the pastor
DETAILED JOB DESCRIPTION
- Meet with pastor (1-1.5 hour)
- Personal check in, discuss Sunday services, projects, upcoming events, announcements
- Produce, print, stuff bulletin
- Arrange for bulletins to be at each worship gathering by 4:30
- Send Sunday announcements to Chris
- Check PO Box and distribute mail
- Maintain small group table/church mailbox/displays
- Perform quality control inspection of table displays prior to each worship gathering
- Keep small group signups up to date
- Keep brochures stocked
- Keep LSCC Mail boxes organized and up to date
- Keep brochures stocked
- Maintain Google calendar for church events
- Create and send weekly email update
- Maintain Church Directory & Contacts
- Keep Facebook page up to date and create events as needed
- Keep website up to date (slideshow, events pages, photos, content updates)
- Send weekly prayer requests to Prayer Team
- Create & schedule weekly update email
- Check prayer and info email inboxes
- Keep calendar up to date
- Participate in Monthly Staff Meeting
ANNUAL EVENTS and PROJECTS
- Combined Worship Service (design/print bulletin, coordinate peanut butter drive, purchase and deliver peanut butter to service)
- Picnics in the Park
- Create media pieces to inform the church about annual mission projects or all church retreat (3-Year-Cycle)
- Church Directory
- Create and distribute various sign up sheets and information
- Liaison between FCC & LSCC building use, etc.
- Coordinate with other staff and volunteer leaders to print/communicate information
- Maintain storage unit inventory with Volunteer Coordinator
- Keep lists up to date (prayer team, email lists)
- Maintain paper and office supply stock
- LSCC photo database (coordinate photos to be taken and collect from events)
- Periodically ensure website and other LSCC media pieces are up to date and accurate.
- Create documents and/or signage
If you or someone you know may be interested in joining a fantastic staff team, appreciates flexible hours, and wants to be involved in what God is doing in this congregation and community, please contact Pastor Chris.