Administrative Assistant (Part Time)
We are looking for a part-time administrative assistant to support the ministry objectives of Lettered Streets Covenant Church. The administrative assistant is a vital part of our church staff and works most closely with the lead pastor. In order to thrive in this role, applicants should have excellent written and interpersonal communication skills, a keen eye for details, and the ability to keep systems and calendars organized.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- The position is designed for an average of 10-15 hours per week and starts at $15.00/hr.
- Paid time off after one year
- Flexible schedule and ability to work from home
- Must be a disciple of Jesus and strive to maintain personal and professional integrity.
- Must be able to work with personal information and keep it in confidence.
- Recognize that you will be representing Lettered Streets Covenant Church in all aspects of life and thus live in a way that seeks to exemplify our vision and values.
- Must be a self-starter able to manage personal time well
- Strong interpersonal and communication abilities
- Confident and empathetic
- Ability to create media pieces such as brochures and flyers, social media design, etc.
- Basic knowledge of WordPress based websites
- Proficient working with Google Docs
- Proficiency using Macintosh computers (or ability to learn)
- Ability to take initiative and complete tasks on time and with quality
- Must have transportation within Bellingham
DETAILED JOB DESCRIPTION
- Meet with pastor (1-1.5 hours)
- Personal check in, discuss Sunday services, projects, upcoming events, announcements
- Produce, print, stuff bulletin
- Arrange for bulletins to be at each worship gathering by 4:30
- Send Sunday announcements to Pastor
- Check PO Box and distribute mail
- Maintain information table/church mailbox/displays
- Perform quality control inspection of table displays prior to each worship gathering
- Keep small group signups up to date
- Keep LSCC Mail boxes organized and up to date
- Keep brochures stocked
- Write and edit content for most church communications channels, including weekly bulletin, email newsletter, and website
- Maintain Google calendar for church events
- Maintain Church Directory & Contacts
- Keep social media pages up to date and create events as needed
- Keep website up to date (slideshow, events pages, photos, content updates)
- Send weekly prayer requests to Prayer Team
- Check prayer and info email inboxes
- Participate in Monthly Staff Meeting
ANNUAL EVENTS and PROJECTS
- Help coordinate the annual Easter Egg Hunt
- Combined Worship Service (design/print bulletin, coordinate peanut butter drive, purchase and deliver peanut butter to service)
- Schedule summer Picnics in the Park
- Create media pieces to inform the church about annual mission projects or all church retreat
- Produce Church Directory
- Create and distribute various sign up sheets and information
- Liaison between FCC & LSCC building use, etc.
- Coordinate with other staff and volunteer leaders to print/communicate information
- Maintain storage rooms and inventory
- Keep contact lists up to date (prayer team, email lists)
- Maintain paper and office supply stock
- Curate church photo database (coordinate photos to be taken and collect from events)
- Create documents and/or signage
- Coordinate childcare for congregational meetings, and other church events
If you are interested in joining a fantastic staff team, supporting the vital functions of a thriving church, and enjoying flexible hours, please send your application and cover letter to:
Lettered Streets Covenant Church, PO Box 5645, Bellingham WA 98227 or email to email@example.com.